QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What is this venture all about?
Although the home-based recruitment licence holder will use AES’s good name, credibility and systems, it is essentially their enterprise and the success of the venture will be down to their determination and their ability to effectively communicate with customers. How far it goes and how successful it becomes really does depend on how much time they want to commit and how much they would like to earn. This is not a get rich quick scheme but it can be quite lucrative if you work smartly.
What do I get for my monthly payment?
A licence holder gets everything an AES in-house Recruitment Consultant would expect from day one.
AES will provide you with all the training, software systems, techniques and support to operate your recruitment business from your home / office including:
- Initial training (5 Day’s ideally or longer if the licence holder can spare the time)
- Ongoing support training
- Access to AES’ database of companies and candidates.
- Use of integrated project management software.
- Technical support on database software.
- Support and advice at each stage of your projects.
- Software database user licence.
- AES e-mail account
- Daily contact with head office by phone / e-mail
- Website job advertising on a recognised UK job board.
- Website CV search facility on a recognised UK site.
- Daily administration support to put CV applicants onto the central system.
- Invoice generation
- Invoice / debt collection support.
What do I need to do this?
- Customer or Account Management.
- Human Resources
- Management Consultancy.
You will also need:
- Home / office facility with suitable PC, internet link, printer, telephone, etc.
- The desire and commitment to meet self imposed targets (it is difficult to work from home without this ability).
Will I be employed by AES?
Once you are making sales (or even earlier) you will need to set up a Limited company so that you can invoice AES and process any other costs you are incurring. This can be done quite quickly but it is advisable to consult with your Accountant on the best way forward.
Once you have successfully made an introduction to a customer you will instruct AES to invoice the customer and chase the money. You will then send AES an invoice from your own limited company and this will be paid when any obligations to the customer have been met.
What are the total costs I would expect when working with AES?
With AES and assuming you have a computer, access to the internet/telephone and a printer, the only costs you should incur are;
- Postage if you decide to write to customers.
- You will be signed up for a 12 month contract so the minimum you will pay is £9000 for 1 year of AES’ services
The AES licence fee covers all the software licences, internet web site access AES purchases on behalf of a licence holder and the additional services mentioned above.
Is recruitment a good business to go into?
We live in uncertain times and this can present a difficult economic environment. We do though have a UK skills shortage, a record number of people in employment and over a half a million vacancies advertised in the UK currently. These are the conditions which should allow a specialist recruitment consultancy to benefit.
What could I earn as an AES home-based recruitment consultant?
Find 10 to 12 good companies, employing between 30 and 150 people (there are 88,000 of these in the UK and AES has access to all of their details) and speak to the Senior Decision-maker. Once the relationship is developed and credibility established, fill 2 to 3 jobs with them per annum. This would mean you were managing just a few companies and could be filling over 24 jobs per annum. If you make £5000 per sale (not an untypical figure) you would be on a reasonable income (around £120,000) working sensible hours and at home! A home-based recruitment consultant keeps all of this less the licence fee.
We have had a licence holder who opted just to do a few hours a week producing only a few sales per year just so they could stay at home and earn enough to pay their children’s school fees. This is a venture that you can mould around your own priorities.
Most of AES's vacancies seem to be technical, can I diversify into a sector where I already have experience?
- Where would the person be now?
- How do we get them to apply to the role?
- What can we offer them to take the job?
Is this a Franchise?
AES will grant a licence holder permission to use AES’s system and to operate as an AES representative. As such a licence holder will be trained and supported to use the processes and techniques in exactly the same way as all of the other users on the AES system that has been perfected over 25 years of successfully trading in the UK.
Unlike a Franchise there are no Geographical or business sector restrictions on where a Home-based recruitment consultant can do business – just go out and develop business. The only restraint that is imposed is (and this is common sense) AES recruitment consultants do not approach customers where other AES Recruitment Consultants are currently (in the last 3 months) trying to do business with or have made a sale with the company in the past.
What is the duration of the contract?
Take your first step in obtaining work life balance with AES!
Talk to us! Call or email now and take control of your future
Monday – Friday: 8:00 – 17:30